Installing TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm just about to get a plasterer to do the back room so have drained and removed the radiator. Should I take this opportunity to install a TRV valve on the radiator?

The thermostat is at the bottom of the stairs in the hallway, no radiators in the house have TRV valves installed.

Sponsored Links
Thats your choice but they are always advised.

Ideally all rads should have one except in the room where the stat is located.

Tony

Thats your choice but they are always advised.

Ideally all rads should have one except in the room where the stat is located.

Tony
Can I just pick this and fit? I will be doing more redecorating so I may replace them room by room.

There could be a problem with the bedroom radiator as it's covered by the curtains and I've read that this can affect the TRV valve.[/url]

Well they are very cheap but they are bidirectional and they have a liquid sensor and don't look too bad so why not.

But for my customers I like to fit the Drayton TRV 4 as they look nice and seem very reliable.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I forgot to ask; is it possible to change the radiator valves without draining down the whole system? It's a combi-boiler system.

Only by freezing, or if o/v then bunging.

Or if there are two of you and you allow for spilling 1.5 to 2.5 litres of water then snatching it. Buts that's if you are going to reuse the olive and nut.

Not recommended for DIY use.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back