Installing Under Sink Water Heater - Unvented?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've managed to lay my hands on a Zip aquapoint II water heater that I want to install in my garage under the sink, the installation notes I have come across mention various valves.....The installation that it was in previously had nothing apart from a service valve. I'm tempted to bang it in in the same way but my sensible side says I shouldn't! Are you meant to be registered to carry out this type of installation?

I'm going to do it myself regardless :oops: So some tips would be handy.....

Mine is the 10l one

PDF LINK TO INSTRUCTIONS

Thanks in advance as always guys :D [/url]

Sponsored Links
Instructions are self explanatory, especially the bit which says:
"Electrical
• To be wired to a double pole fused spur, minimum break rating
of 13 amps
• Installation must comply with current IEE regulations"

which is notifyable to BCO, or use an electrician.

So, that's the legalities aside, what do you want to know ;)

You don't have to be G3 registered as the capacity is under 15 litres. Follow the instructions though and put a relief valve in, and an expansion vessel if you don't have sufficient pipework to accomodate the expansion. If you don't have a relief valve and the stat fails the water in the unit could boil, at which point you will have a quite spectacular explosion.

9' of pipe between nearest cold water draw off and the heater? Is this right and why? <---will make it a nightmare to fit as the nearest cold water draw off is about 3' away.

Is that instead of a expansion vessel? I could make a maze of copper under the sink :evil:

If water pressure is above 4 bar, what is the easiest way of installing? It must be the couple of thatchers I've had....I'm not understanding.

If I need the following....

Where can I buy a suitable expansion relief valve & expansion vessel?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back