Installing Warm Air Heating Unit

So tell me bigburner what is so great about w.a.u's that has eluded the mass britsh market and the vast majority of the heating trade? Did you read it in one of your "trade publications"?

Sponsored Links
Warm air is amongst the most efficient ways to heat a space.

Commercial properties (eg: offices, shops, municipal buildings etc) use it to good effect. In housing it simply came in fashion and went out again.

When air to air heatpumps take off it may come back.

In contrast, water based systems do not last as long, take longer to warm up, use a great deal of space and suffer from corrosion and leakage. Warm air is exempt from Part L1 because it so efficient.

In Belgium they even make condensing warm air heaters (Multicalor), can't get them over here.

Finally, BG can never come round and advise a Powerflush. :LOL:

the principles of w.a.u are good but in practice they are often badly installed and inadequately designed in domestic properties.

Sponsored Links
Gas fired WAU.... No thanks..... Ducted air to air heat pumps are the way forward... And I'll throw in air conditioning for free :D

domestic warm air unit sales are a very low percentage of the heating appliance market. I wonder how much you know about the trade from your recent posts and assumptions. :rolleyes:

What a numpty. Anyone who knows heating would know a forced air system is far superior. The problem in the UK, ex plumbers got hold of the heating game and didn't understand them. They only understand water in pipes.

It is best you stop now before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

domestic warm air unit sales are a very low percentage of the heating appliance market. I wonder how much you know about the trade from your recent posts and assumptions. :rolleyes:

What a numpty. Anyone who knows heating would know a forced air system is far superior. The problem in the UK, ex plumbers got hold of the heating game and didn't understand them. They only understand water in pipes.

It ios best you stop now before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

you still don't answer my questions about your ficticous trade publications and failure rates of boilers. You are the numpty here. And its already too late for you-you have shown yourself as a dumbass already in many other posts.

Oh dear oh dear. You really don't have a clue do you? I think you need a few more of your trade publications to get any kind of knowledge about the heating industry. :rolleyes:

Very unlikely. Some of the old warm air units have a small asbestos content in the heat exchanger seals.

'Full of' is nowhere near the facts.

Warm air is much maligned, it is a simple system and works very well in a domestic environment if well executed. The Modairflow/System ET enhancement launched around 20 yrs ago and refined since has been shown to be accurate down to 0.1C.

Not many hydronic systems can achieve that sort of accuracy. Furthermore, it can be fitted with electrostatic filters that clean the recirculated air down to 1 micron, smaller than a tobacco smoke particle.

There are a lot of negative words about warm air, and most of those come from domestic gas heating installers without the warm air qualification. We fit a number of units each and every week, for customers who would have nothing else.

On this occasion Big Burner is right, it is a more efficient way of heating a space. Unlike underfloor heating you don't have to throw open the windows on a warm October day, or wait 4 hours on an unexpectedly cold May morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back