Installing Warm Air Heating Unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bought a warm air heating unit to replace the existing unit. The problem is i'm having difficulties finding an engineer to fit it. I'm based in SE London. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
why didn't you buy a combi as would be far superior? If it's a brand new appliance and boxed then ring around but not every installers choice to fit (especially as sourced by yourself), if it's second hand you have no chance.

You will have a job getting someone to fit your own unit, if you have bought it yourself.

There aren't a lot of us out there who can fit them, and most of us expect to earn a living partly from the margin on the unit.

How can you be sure you've got the correct replacement? I think I know the answer but I thought I'd ask? :cry:

I do them but as simond says I would not fit one that you have supplied

Shiver

:)

Sponsored Links
why didn't you buy a combi as would be far superior?

A modern warm air unit outstrips any radiator system any day.

If designed and installed correctly and supplying heat to all rooms, with an additional hw system integral I may agree with you but this is rarely the case. Underfloor heating is far superior to warm air imho.

If designed and installed correctly and supplying heat to all rooms, with an additional hw system integral I may agree with you but this is rarely the case. Underfloor heating is far superior to warm air imho.

Warm air done properly is far superior than any other. Anyone who knows heating would know that. Even an old warm air system can be transformed by new, quiet, modulating fan and burner units with electrostatic filters.

By circulating air in summer they can cool too.

Warm air done properly is far superior than any other. Anyone who knows heating would know that. Even an old warm air system can be transformed by new, quiet, modulating fan and burner units with electrostatic filters.

Warm air units are old hat, mainly fitted to council houses as cheaper than a wet system. The summer function is a waste of time, better to get a ceiling fan. Noisy, dusty and open flued w.a.u's have safety implactions. UFH on a condensing boiler with several zones and thermostatic control is more efficent, quieter and more compact.

Warm air units are old hat,

You clearly don't much about heating to say such a thing.

Balanced flue warm air units where out 30 plus years ago do they still make them.

Warm air units are old hat,

You clearly don't much about heating to say such a thing.

domestic warm air unit sales are a very low percentage of the heating appliance market. I wonder how much you know about the trade from your recent posts and assumptions. :rolleyes:

Balanced flue warm air units where out 30 plus years ago do they still make them.

that may be so but most domestic w.a.u's were centrally located in the (usually council) house and open flued. Johnson and starley of northampton the largest manufacturer.

Yeah i know what N`PTON is like for wau it had thousands on contract and have also done the J/S factory tour.
But it was not a case of it being cheaper to install it was a case of being the fad at the time.
Along with underfloor electric heating and the one that cracks me up electric ceiling heating.
Wether its better or worse would be down to individual consumer preference some swear by it and some swear at it

Yeah i know what N`PTON is like for wau it had thousands on contract and have also done the J/S factory tour.
But it was not a case of it being cheaper to install it was a case of being the fad at the time.
Along with underfloor electric heating and the one that cracks me up electric ceiling heating.
Wether its better or worse would be down to individual consumer preference some swear by it and some swear at it

I agree but I have had many customers change from w.a.u's to wet systems but never heard of the reverse.

Ditto although there are some who wont get rid of it.
It would not be my choice and i have worked on old and modair systems.
Funny enough ripping one out next week been in since 72

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back