Question for warm air experts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I've got a Johnson & Starley JWD25 warm air system in a 1 bedroom flat which has been condemned by several different heating engineers so I've reluctantly decided I'm going to either replace the boiler with another warm air unit or as a last resort go for a complete new wet system.

Can anyone with warm air experience tell me what the cheapest direct warm air replacement would be?
Would it be easy to fit any model of J&S warm air boiler in it's place or is there a big variation in size/layout of these boilers?

The Johnson & Starley warm air boilers that I've been looking at seem to cost upwards of £1500 which seems very steep to me so I was wondering if I'm missing something cheaper?

I've had one quote from a local approved J&S installer which was for an Economaire 31 plus new flue (old one apparently no longer conforms to regs) and the price I was given is £3300.

I suspect I'll be able to get a wet system quote for around or below that price but am really wanting to do this for nearer £2000 as money is very tight at the moment!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon

Sponsored Links
J&S have been careful to ensure most of their models are easy to fit to replace previous models.

Flues are individual and often contained asbestos to complicate matters.

Those prices seem about right to me but you could try other firms for quotes.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back