installing WC in top floor - question regarding soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking at the possibilities of building a shower and toilet room into part of a large attic bedroom, and hopefully connecting the WC to the existing internal soil stack/vent. There is a 110mm soil stack running vertically through the house serving the middle floor WC only, venting out through the roof of the house. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a second WC to this existing soil stack?

I've drawn a diagram of the plan

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I think it depends on the WC outlet size.

Search Building Reg 2010 and read up on section H1.

No problem, but check carefully if there is (or you plan to) connect anything at ground floor level. Sometimes pressure created from falling waste from an upper floor appliance can cause problem at ground floor level.

Sponsored Links
As Hugh says - your diagram shows an easy long radius bend @ the bottom of the stack - If you have one like this you're OK . If it's a knuckle you might get problems, but a vent system could be arranged if you really had to ;)

Thanks for all the advice so far - glad to know it looks possible. It is a long radius bend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back