Instant Karma?

  • Thread starter Lincsbodger
  • Start date


A teenage thief was seriously ill in hospital today after he was hit by an 11,000-volt electric shock from a copper cable he was trying to steal.

The 18-year-old was found on fire in disused premises in Newton Aycliffe, County Durham, as a group of youths tried to remove the cabling.

He suffered extensive burns to his arms and head which were initially described as life-threatening.

The teenager, from Darlington, was taken to the University Hospital of Durham and later transferred to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle where he is now said to be seriously ill but stable.

The incident happened at Durham Structures, Hilton Road, Newton Aycliffe, at about 2pm on Saturday.

A second man, 19, also from Darlington, was arrested, interviewed by officers and released on bail pending further inquiries.

Detective Inspector Simon Orton, who is leading the investigation, said: 'This young man could have died.

'He will have to live with the consequences of his criminal action for the rest of his life.

'People who go out to steal copper cabling carrying electricity are putting their lives at risk.

'We have had a number of these types of burglaries recently and we want emphasise that the intruders are putting themselves in highly dangerous situations where death could result from dishonesty.

'Notwithstanding the dangers to which the thieves expose themselves, they are also potentially subjecting police officers and other members of the emergency services or general public to similar risks when we respond to the crimes.'

Personally I think its serves the light fingered thieving little toerag right. He might think twice about trying to nick copper cable next time. Bet they didnt have much trouble arresting him.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Watts all the fuss? He could have gone ohm.
This day and age, don't be surprised if he puts in a claim for compensation !!!
One of these ambulance chasing solicitors will probably take his case on.
He'll probably claim that the electricity should not have been switched on in disused premises and some judge (living on another planet) will agree with him.
He will now claim that he can't ever get a job because of, A his injuries or B his criminal record.
Bet the ambulance chasers are on it at this very moment, the site obviously was not secure. :eek:
Sponsored Links