Insulating a flat roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The previous owners of our house have converted the garage to a play-room with a flat roof. In the winter, autumn and spring its freezing there and needs some sort of insulation .

Added to that, over the past couple of years I've had a couple of leaks from the joints of the felting, and the felt has blistered in a couple of places. Si I have come to the decision to refurbish the roof.

I don't think that I can get a pitched roof on as I don't have the height for a 17° pitch, so it looks like another pitched roof. Is there any sort of insulation that I can use to improve insulation in the room??

Sponsored Links
corskey said:
I don't think that I can get a pitched roof on as I don't have the height for a 17° pitch, so it looks like another pitched roof.
You can use roofing sheet with a tiles effect as low as 10 degree.

I do a lot of pitch roof, if you can post a picture or drawing I might be able to help.

just had my first quote - about £1500 for a new pitch and £3500 for a pitch :cry: :cry: :cry:

I would attach an image, cut can't see how to do it

Sponsored Links
trying to, but getting a quote here in cheshire is like getting rocking horse s**t

corskey1.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back