Insulating a shed.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me make a decision?

My three guinea pigs are going into the shed for the rest of summer and all of autumn, they will be indoors again during Dec, Jan, Feb and probably March too. Technically Guinea pigs aren't outdoor pets, they don't cope as well with temperature changes which is why I am trying to make the shed have a stable temperature.

I want to insulate the shed for them. I have read loads of articles and even ventured on to youtube to watch videos.....I have overloaded my brain and now don't know what to do for the best.

The shed is 6 foot by 8 foot. It was cheap to start with. Still appears leak proof so far. It has just been used to store "stuff". Roof covered in something and inside the celling is osb board.

The outside needs painting with that weatherproof stuff. I know that much and after that it all gets a bit hazy!

My options are

the silver stuff
-Thermal-Insulation-Foil-Roll-600mmx8m
the board
Celotex-50mm-High-Performance-Insulation-Board-1200x2400mm

the furry stuff

Knauf-100mm-Space-Combi-Loft-Insulation-Roll

or bubble wrap or polystyrene

I am on budget but equally need it to be safe and workable.

So what should I choose?

Also what should insulate the floor with?
or the roof?

thank you for any help.

Sponsored Links
I did it with the silver and wool stuff with a membrane barrier..other peeps have also done it so do a general search on here and they should come up ..inc mine with pics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back