Insulating and old flint rubble wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all and thanks for reading this post :)

I have a few old exposed flint rubble walls in very good condition which have had a silicone damp course injected.

It seems perfectly dry!

I want to add 100mm of insulation to the interior.

I can think of two options:

Insulation backed Plasterboard - dot and dabbed?
a frame with rockwool, vapour barrier over that and then plasterboard?

My only worry is possible damp either rising or condensing.

Can anyone suggest which is best ,any problems i might encounter or another method entirely?

Thanks for your help

Mike

Sponsored Links
I would not dot'n'dab thermaline boards, but you could build a stud and fix to them.
If you google "K18" you can view a PDF on this kind of stuff. i think this is the link www.insulation.kingspan.com/uk/pdf/k18.pdf
The vapour barrier will stop condensation and you could use foil backed duplex boards which have a vapour check on them, so no need to install vapour barrier, as do thremaline boards.

I would not dot'n'dab thermaline boards, but you could build a stud and fix to them.
If you google "K18" you can view a PDF on this kind of stuff. i think this is the link www.insulation.kingspan.com/uk/pdf/k18.pdf
The vapour barrier will stop condensation and you could use foil backed duplex boards which have a vapour check on them, so no need to install vapour barrier, as do thremaline boards.

Thanks Have read that and will look for suppliers now.

I wonder could I glue it to the wood frame?

Mike

Sponsored Links
The kooltherm can be screwed tight to the timber stud work, using drywall screws. Any infill between stud work is fitted tightlly between the timbers and will sit there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back