Insulating Sloped Eaves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hope you can help with a question around one that has been asked many times in this forum, I'm improving the insulation in the loft, the main section isn't a problem, I just need to add 200mm over what is between the joists.

But, ours is a very old solid wall house where the ceilings have been raised, so I have a run down to eaves of about 3ft in length where you can feel the cold on the plasterboard underneath. The joists (gap) are 100mm deep with a gap width that annoyingly ranges from 33-37cm.

I know I cannot simply push insulation down there as I need some air flow, but wondering how others in the same situation have overcome the problem. Has anyone used insulation foil, polystyrene etc?

Attachments

• Sloping Eaves.jpg
    Sloping Eaves.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thank you Bonni. I can probably do that in some of the rooms, but not all due to fitted wardrobes, but I'll take a look and see how I can do this - or a combination of both.

I’ve got the same problem. I’m going to Remove the plaster so you’ve got the joists. Increase the joist thickness to 150mm then use 100mm insulation board between the joists.

Over board then your done

Sponsored Links
I’ve got the same problem. I’m going to Remove the plaster so you’ve got the joists. Increase the joist thickness to 150mm then use 100mm insulation board between the joists.

Over board then your done
You would be better if you did 50mm between and then 50mm continuous on the underside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back