Insulating sloping ceiling/roof of dormer room?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to add insulation to our 1960s dormer bungalow and would like to know if there's any special considerations to be aware of for the sloping ceiling/roof section of the upstairs rooms?

I'm looking to use the Knauf roll insulation stuff from B&Q, would this be suitable for 'stuffing' into the space between the plasterboard ceiling and roof sheeting?

Thanks in advance

Graham

Sponsored Links
You need to keep a 50mm air gap from the top of any insulation you fit and the underside of the felt. unless you don't have any felt in which case you can fill the void.

I'm looking to add insulation to our 1960s dormer bungalow and would like to know if there's any special considerations to be aware of for the sloping ceiling/roof section of the upstairs rooms?

I'm looking to use the Knauf roll insulation stuff from B&Q, would this be suitable for 'stuffing' into the space between the plasterboard ceiling and roof sheeting?

Thanks in advance

Graham

Are you talking about the sloping bit where the dormer isn't, that goes up and joins a flat ceiling?

If you are, then how much space is there between this "sloping ceiling/roof "and the underside of the roof; i.e. how deep are the rafters?

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back