Insulating stud walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I know that under current b regs you need to insulate bathroom stud partitions. I plan to use either 50mm roll or slabs.

I am renovating an existing house which is a mixture of cobb and brickwork.

I have put new studs throughout up stairs and am thinking should i go for insulation in the lot for soundproofing and heat wise???

what do you think?

Thanks

also any body know of any stores(multiples) with any good offers on

cheers

Sponsored Links
You can do if you wish it will no doubt help to retain heat in certain rooms. However in insulating certain walls you may make some areas (such as your staircase) harder to warm up. :idea:

im gonna have an 1800mm rad very close to the staircase (open tread) which is on a gable end, so cant be nothing but good?? and upstairs a corridor rad will be about 4-5 mtrs away?

Yes, will insulate sleepy folk from noise outside the bedroom.
and vice versa!

Sponsored Links
Yes, should be fine, maybe use a bit more than the gap and squash it in there a little. Loft insulation is ok but not perfect for sound insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back