stud wall insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to insulate a studded wall and was wondering if B&Q or similar sold anything in rolls ( i.e similar to loft insulation ).
Has anyone any recommendations.

Sponsored Links
Aaaargh, right answer, wrong question. SORRY :oops: :oops: :oops:
I'm just trying to smooth out the ceiling where a brick dividing wall has been removed (bloody dusty job).
Her indoors informs me that the rad was removed from this wall, the pipes were cut and capped below ground level and then just creted over(this was in a summer).
Before the heating was required the supply pipes to this rad were cut off at source and the ends that were still on the system were capped off.
No doubt I will find the pipe work when I try to put in some new sockets

You might find it easier to use Rockwall Insulation Slab,they normally come with 50mm thickness and you can double it if you're using 100mm timber.I know Wickes do sell them.

page_7_1.jpg

Would you be able to use loft insulation or should it just be left for what it says :rolleyes: :- loft insulation

Sponsored Links
kr1s1991 said:
Would you be able to use loft insulation

Yes,you can. I just find the slab is easier to handle & cut,the choice is yours.

Thanks, i have decided to go for the slab as suggested looks easier to install, thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back