Insulating suspended timber floor ‐ do i need to do the lot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I'm looking at insulating my floors.
1980's Bungalow, suspended timber floor.
Cost is a bit of an issue at the moment, and I'm wondering if there's any reason not to do the primary living areas first (Bedroom and Living room), then revisiting next year to install insulation under the floor in the hallway and office once I have a little more money put aside.
Kitchen and bathroom are already done.

I'm no expert on thermodynamics, but as the underfloor cavity is essentially shared across the entire house, would I be seeing any benefit at all if I leave the hallway and office uninsulated?
I'm aware that insulating the lot would be the ideal solution, but if that isn't feasible, is it worth doing half the house for the time being?

Ta.

Sponsored Links
Doing half will help reduce the heating bill. The insulation retains the heat in the room, so although some will escape to adjoining uninsulated areas, less heat will escape if the underfloor is insulated.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back