insulation around eaves and soffits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a 1920s house without any felt.
Q1. do unfelted roofs need soffit vents ? The rafters are in great condition, no mould or woodworm etc.

It's a pyramid shape roof with closed eaves.
Q2. Should I stuff fibreglass insulation down the hole/voids between the roof and the joists down to the soffits (if you know what I mean). I can see down to the soffit from the roofspace. Also, the sides of the bedroom walls are also exposed down this same void. The bit above the picture rails in the rooms gets mouldy. This could be because it is a bit exposed to the elements or because someone had previously stuffed fibreglass down these voids and it has become damp which in turn has caused the mould. I'm not sure what the reason is.
Q3. Is there some sort of weather proof anti-mould insulation I could put down there ?
Q4. If I use celotex or foil back plastboard where would the water go if any collects ?

Thanks for any help provided. I can provide photos if required.
Cheers
Dave

Merrry Xmas and Good Luck Next Year.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back