Insulation in cavity wall during build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Builder has chosen solid insulation to put in the cavity wall of new extension. See photo below.
What should the thickness of this be for low u values? He said 50mm plus 50mm air gap.

Am I right in thinking that this is is better than the rolled / fluffy type that most builders would put? Also is Quinn insulation the same as Celotex / Kingspan in terms of quality?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What more info would help? Specifically the stuff on the pic.

I'm not familiar with this product, but googling, it seems that it's roughly equivalent to the more familiar brands (within 5% anyway). As long as it's installed according to the manufacturer's instructions (see taping of joints, etc.) then i susepct that it'll be fine.

Sponsored Links
As the saying goes "What does the drawing say?"

And don't we stagger ties anymore nowadays?

As the saying goes "What does the drawing say?"

And don't we stagger ties anymore nowadays?

Yes buildings regs guy picked up on that and said to builder to stagger future ones but ok for this one as we have a chimney and other bits as lateral support. Is this bad?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back