Insulation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm finishing off a few bits of insulating on our extension roof and have a question about the following bit.

IMG_20240116_132841.jpg

IMG_20240116_132855_edit_2352746442348.jpg

So in the first picture you can see the original roof rafters running diagnolly from top left to bottom right, the new roof is the bit with the celotex in.

In the first image you can see the last bit of roof membrane, do I need to cut a piece of celotex in a funny shape to fill it? Ultimately there will be a stud wall where the orange lines run in the second image, this will be infilled with insulation, the section in pink in the second image will also be insulated so the piece I'm asking about will essentially be closed off eaves and I'm thinking I can just rockwool the ceiling and it will behave just like a normal loft?

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
For loft eaves, if you are not going to insulate the roof you need to insulate the eaves wall and the eaves ceiling to the equivalent standard. And be mindful of vapour check or venting requirements if warm air may get into the subsequent void.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back