Insurance claim pebble dash colour mismatch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We put in a storm damage claim on our property and subsequently got out flat roof over bay window re felted. They replaced the lead flashing but had to redo about a foot of pebble dash above the roof.

The pebbledash is completely mismatched due to the age of the older stuff and it looks awful.

I have asked insurance if I can get the whole front re pebble dashed but they said it is unlikely and they will get back to me.

Now I understand the rest is of the pebbledash is fine so why should they replace it. But my understanding is the claim for storm damage should return my property to how it used to be.

Currently there is an awful mismatched strip of pebble dash running above the flat roof.

Do I have a leg to stand on? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Good luck with that :LOL: It's hardly glaring.

It looks crap anyway. Paint it.

I take it that your roof drains to the right?

The matching up of the dash is fine.

I should be cautious of power washing, esp if the frontage was originally rendered because of damp difficulties?

Whatever you do, dont paint it - just saying.

I take it that your roof drains to the right?

The matching up of the dash is fine.

I should be cautious of power washing, esp if the frontage was originally rendered because of damp difficulties?

Whatever you do, dont paint it - just saying.

Yes our roofs down pipe is to the right.

It was changed due to the felt ripping up in the recent storms.

Should I just wait for the lower part to get 'dirtier' rather than jet wash?

I know these photos don't justify what I'm saying but in daylight the colour mismatch is awful

Yes, simply wait for it to weather in, and in a winter or so it will blend.

Perhaps the contrast between yours and your neighbour's lighter cover stands out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back