integrated fridge door binds on hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am changing my old built in F/F for one of the large capacity AEG models. But my current unit has a problem where the hinge binds on the fridge door.

I can see that there is very little room for manoeuvre with the placement of the fridge, but I does look like the hinges could be slimmer.

To prevent this happening again on the new fridge, what steps should I take?

Sponsored Links
very difficult to get a camera in there to show what's happening. But basically, the edge of the fridge door binds on the hinges of the cabinet door.

Sponsored Links
I'm looking at the pics, but I can't work out how it solves the problem.

This is a hinge on the enclosure, for a cosmetic door that opens at the same time as the appliance door, and is atached with a sliding strap or something, is that right?

what is different between the new hinge and the old hinge?

I'm sure it's obvious when you know :confused:

not sure if I'm correct here, but my current hinges are 20mm high at the point where they bind on the f/f door edge. Lowering that height by 4mm should give that extra wiggle room when it comes to fitting.

Blum seem to tout these hinges specifically for built in f/f and they say they are only 16mm high.

from the Blum catalogue for Modulus hinges:

Hinge for refrigerator or appliance doors - Shallow hinge arm height
- All metal hinge, nickel plated
- 94° opening angle
- With closing mechanism (spring)
- Slide on hinge arm
- 3-dimensional adjustment (with relevant
mounting plate)

then there is a drawing that indicates the arm height is 16mm, measuring my hinge at the same place is 20mm. So i am assuming that the extra 4mm will allow the fridge door to clear the hinge more easily.

I don't understand about this height business.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back