Integrated fridge door sticking at the top- how to rehang?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

This has bugged me for years but it seems to be getting worse. Every time I close my integrated fridge door it catches at the top And I now have to push it harder to close. I realise that is doesn’t help having splashback protruding on the side but originally the door closed flush.

Is the best way to remove the cabinet door (all the bolts and screws) and attempt to shift the fixtures slightly to give the extra few mm it needs to close. You can hopefully see in the photos the gap and lack of it at the top.

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• IMG_6824.jpeg
    IMG_6824.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6825.jpeg
    IMG_6825.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6826.jpeg
    IMG_6826.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6827.jpeg
    IMG_6827.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
Is that a slight gap top right? Perhaps the top hinge has become distorted. If so, and the hinge is readily removable, perhaps it could be bent back into shape.

Is that a slight gap top right? Perhaps the top hinge has become distorted. If so, and the hinge is readily removable, perhaps it could be bent back into shape.
Yes that’s a gap at the top right. I didnt consider that the hinge could be distorted though to remove it would still mean removing the integrated cabinet door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back