Loose door on integrated fridge-freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm new to forums, so sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I have just looked through a series of posts on this site about replacing broken in-built fridge door hinges, but I don't think my problem is the same.

My problem is that the top hinge on the door of my Siemens fridge (which is on the top, the freezer is on the bottom) is getting looser and looser. When it's closed, the front panel of the fridge now rests very heavily on the front panel of the freezer. Opening it is getting more and more difficult, and closing it means hoisting it up and giving it an almighty shove. Now the top part of the door is not sealing properly, and I've had to deal with snow and leaks. I've looked at links on other sites about adjusting cabinet hinges, but I can't see how I can adjust this hinge since it's between the fridge and the cabinet housing it.

I don't know if I've explained this properly, but the question is:
Is there a way to fix this hinge problem or do I have to replace the fridge?

Sponsored Links
I think integrated fridges have the same hinges as normal fridges, it should be a case of just tightening the hinge connecting the insulated door to the fridge case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back