integrated washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have heard intergrated washing machines are a pain to fit/replace is this always the case or can they be straight forward?

Sponsored Links
The fitting of the door is a pain especially when then machine is changed for a different make. Also they are more expensive.

Andy

i thought it would be getting it in and out of the space, would It be hard if a builder was did it meaning he should find it easier than the average person..

i thought it would be getting it in and out of the space, would It be hard if a builder was did it meaning he should find it easier than the average person..
Why would a builder find it easier?, they don't usually install washing machines.

Sponsored Links
I don't have anything integrated. The cabinets are expensive, the products expensive, and you can guarantee, by the time you need to replace something (especially fridges) you won't be able to get the right size. I've seen a couple of integrated fridge freezers at friends houses with a gap at the top, because they couldn't get a model to fit in the old cabinet. I guess washing machines are more standard? Still, why spend more to have a washing machine that looks like a cupboard?

because I am getting a new fitted kitchen and a builder is doing it, an it will involve an integrated washing machine, being a builder I assume they may had done this thing before therefore that why I ask would it be easier for someone who does this kind of work as opposed to me the average person who doesn't

I think it looks neater all intergrated, washing machines belong in a utility/laundry room really and not the kitchen but I only have a small house so I have no choice

Ask your builder for his opinion. He may not fit the appliance ,maybe he has a plumber to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back