Intellisense 800L+ - builders moved PIR sensors and now they continually blink red

• Thread starter spacedmonkeys
  • Start date
S

spacedmonkeys

As per topic, have had builders in to do rework on the layout of the downstairs in our house.
They knocked down partition wall and rebuilt further along.
While doing this they set off the house alarm due to the PIR sensors being mounted on this wall, I am guessing some sort of tamper.
They then put the PIRs back, pointing same way as previously, but since then the red light on the PIR sensor continues to blink. There are three lights on the sensor, green, amber and red. They appear to work as normal when walking around the house...ie amber green and red light up when they detect a presence. However if you leave the room the red light continues to blink constantly.
I attempted a 'reset' using the intellisense panel but this doesnt clear the red lights...
Also attempted to do a 'walk test' however when doing this it doesnt seem to work as intended, it shows red led's on the panel regarding to the 2 moved sensors.
When setting and unsetting the alarm using the panel, the 2 moved sensors also show red led on the panel as if they have been triggered during alarm active.
Any help on how to get the PIR's back to normal, and what was/is causing the issue?
Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
They need to be powered down and then repowered.

They are showing that they 'think' that someone is trying to 'mask' them, that is what happens with the type of detector you have, only doing their job.

Cycle the power, that will solve the problem.

Great, thankyou, so basically cut all power to the alarm system (from fusebox I guess), give it a few seconds, and then power back on?

Also just as an aside, do you know if this type of system will allow for pets wandering around the house? I have avoided setting the alarm when the cats are in the house so as to avoid any false alarms and annoying the neighbours... but reading around it may be these sensors only pick up "large" (human child sized) objects and it may well be safe to set the alarm and it will ignore the cats?

Didn't work. There must be some sort of battery backup for the alarm system as even with all power to the house switched off (at fusebox) the alarm panel and PIR sensors still worked, and therefore still have the issue.

Sponsored Links
Lol in the main metal box is a battery , switch off mains supply , open box , alarm will sound, remove one of the battery leads ....wait 15 secs....put it back on ....alarm sounds , turn off with code , close lid , switch mains back on , enter code ---- and # .... Wait 30 secs before checking flashing pir ...

Lol in the main metal box is a battery , switch off mains supply , open box , alarm will sound, remove one of the battery leads ....wait 15 secs....put it back on ....alarm sounds , turn off with code , close lid , switch mains back on , enter code ---- and # .... Wait 30 secs before checking flashing pir ...

Hi, if I do this, am I going to get myself in to a big hole whereby I can't turn the alarm off because it thinks I am an intruder tampering with it? Will I need the engineer passcode or anything? If not then great I will try it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back