Intellisense C023-203 Tamper Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am the owner of a house that had a C023-203 Intellisense alarm installed. This alarm has worked fine for a few years but now there is a tamper fault with zone 8 blinking constantly.

Every time I try a reset it does not work.

I have tried to use the online manual but all it refers me to is the engineer that installed the product. The problem is I have no idea who this person is.

Can anyone help me manually fix the problem myself please?

Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
I am not totally familiar with your panel, however, as you've probably worked out, zone 8 has a tamper! I think think is a rebadged C&K 700L or similar, but the concept is the same.

Zone 8 is more than likely to be the global tamper however it could also be a particular device. Check the paper work (zone list) you have to see what zone 8 actually is.

I'm assuming you do not have the engineers code to allow you to program out the zone?

Is there a reason your not contacting the installer?

Manually isolating the zone is possible however this means you have to take the lid off the panel. Mains electricity is present inside this panel and you should only attempt to do this if;

a, you are competent to do so.
b, can identify the incoming supply and isolate
c, you do not have a maintenance contract altering the panel will void.
d, have at least one valid pin number.

Zone 8 is just constantly flashing, It says that zone 8 is the Personal Attack setting. I've checked the manual online, its actually the c&k 800l

I am not an engineer, I just like fiddling with things!

Still no joy...

Do you have a panic button?

Has it been pushed? Most buttons have a little square flag that turns red once pushed or the button stays pushed in, this is normally reset by inserting a key and turning it.

A panic button is a small (2x3") box with 1 or 2 red buttons. Usually fitted near the front door or in a bedroom.

You won't be able to set until the button has been reset or you've "linked" it out inside the panel.

Sponsored Links
8 is a 'normal' zone.

This panel has a global tamper for (Z.1 to Z8.) at the left hand side of the circuit connections.

The PA has been operated, is damaged, the PA cable is damaged etc.

Did you not notice the noise when this happened. internal & external sounders? A Tamper would have operated just the internal.

Are you sure it's 800L, I think this panel is a C&K 700L. ?

Hi,

Can't think about anything at the moment, Manchester United just won. Just checked the manuals, both are virtually the same, but I'll go along with you on the fact that the 800L has an extra zone, don't think either of us will lose any sleep over that, but the 9100 doesn't have 9 zones, I think we can put that one to bed. Is the panic fault solved yet, can't see the posts at the moment ?

Take Care

try again 9100 16 zones 4 zones plus 4 zone card plus a 8 zone extender ( same size as 9100 ) plus e/e plus panic so 18 zones in total......lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back