Intellisense securit 800L Alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone

I have an Intellisense Securit 800 L+ Alarm system.

At the moment the bellbox is beeping (chirpping).

I have checked all the wiring for the bellbox in the mainpanel and also in the bellbox and all fine and clear of spiders etc.

What happens is, when I disconnect the battery the beeping stops.

So is this the battery and is the beeping an indication that the battery is losing it's power?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance for reading my first post.

Cheers.
Nic

Sponsored Links
Hi Sparkymarka.

Thanks for your reply.

It has a blue plastic back/cover with a white/cream cover over the middle of it with a long 6mm pin through 1 side that pushes the tamper switch down.
I hope this helps?
Cheers
Nic

hi does it look like a bar of soap with the blue strode sections on each end ? google ag6/ag8 honeywell if so the last time i had one chirping it was the nicad battery inside the bell box which was flat/ faulty try disconnecting the battery in the bell box and see if it stops.

Sponsored Links
Thats the one cheers.

I disconnected the + on the terminal block which did nothing thats why I thought about the battery inside.
As when I disconnected that it stopped.

Can you get replacement batteries for the bellbox or is it a new bellbox?
Cheers for all your help by the way.

sorry cant remember if the battery is soldered to the pcb or detachable, just checked the installation sheet for this unit and its a 6v 280ma nicad battery if it is an ag6/8 it may be a desolder job.

just one last thing is there power to the bell box ? 12v, is the led lit on the bell box ? tamper switch closed ? do a bell test CODE * 9 does bell sound ?

It looked soledred into the back of the pcb like you remember and straight into the battery sealed unit so looks like a new one.
Looking further into this the connection I disconnected was the + for the bell from the main panel.

May just be best to get new bellbox and battery as they have been in a while now so would do no harm to replace both.
Cheers sparkymarka for your help it's much appreciated.

It did have a neon lit that said battery charging now you mention about neon's.

Bit dark now to go upto it should have checked it when it was light does go off by the way.

NOTE:
For correct operation make sure the BATTERY LINK is fitted.
The TAMPER switch must be closed for the AG6 to get any power from the control panel. This
will also power the LED. you should be able to see the led lit on the bellbox easier at night..

Sorry should have explained at the beginning.
This only started today fine up until now.
Everything back as it was but still beeping (led on) so will have to disconnect battery so 4 year old can get sleep and neighbours don't lynch me. :confused:

Think I will go down new bellbox and battery route.

Can this just be changed or does it need re-setting/programming?
Thanks Marka by the way.

Cheers Marka for all your time and understanding this evening it is very much appreciated.

Would I need to re-programme the alarm or will it just accept the straight swap after fitting it, as I have read that some people have needed engineering codes etc when doing work on their alarms.

Once again thank you and hope you have a great evening now you have helped me out.
Cheers
Nic

Down power , then power up with the default pins shorted , code now 1234 eng code 7890 …everything else should be same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back