Intergas HRE external pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have an Intergas HRE installed, with a Hot Water Zone, a radiator Zone and UFH zone.

Each zone has its own zone valve.

The Hot water is with Hot water priority.

The Radiator Zone is just pumped via the boilers in built pump.
The UFH manifold has its own zone valve and pump, along with blending valve.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the boiler can allow water to flow through with the UFH pump running, but the boiler not on? The scenario I am looking at is if the water going to the UFH manifold is higher then needed - i.e. above 55 degrees, then the boiler doesn't need to be heating the water, but I want water to continue cycling through the open zones. If the circulating water is below 55 degrees, then fire up the boiler as well.

External wiring I can achieve, the UFH controller is UFH8 from heatmiser, and I am thinking of just adding an external relay on the boiler enable connector and a temperature sensor on the water in to know when to turn the relay on/off but more to know if there is any issue with pushing water through the boiler without it being on.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back