Interior board type query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a question regarding a board i screwed a hook into the other day while decorating. My house is an Edwardian end terrace. I have what looks like a duct or beam at the top of my stairs made of some sort of board in the middle with wood on either side The board has a silver metallic coating on the surface which appeared after I scraped some old gloss paint off and when I screwed the hook into this it produced some white dust and what looks like brown material deep in the hole. Should I be concerned that this is asbestos?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The only way you will know for certain is to get the materials tested. Visual inspection will tell you nothing definitive.

Personally I'd damp the hole down (water and washing up liquid or PVA adhesive) and remove the hook then fill the hole with caulk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back