Interior French Door Lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

After a bit of advice. I'm fitting about 15 linings in my house. I've finished all the singles no problem.

I've got a double door lining to fit for an overall 1524 width door but what width would you set the lining at? I was thinking of taking the overall door width and add 1/4 inch. I'm going to buy a rebated door.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I believe the reason behind the quarter inch measurement is to leave room to pack out the vertical part of the lining. Presumably that will suffice if your existing linings are vertical but you will need to check on removal.

Blup

Hi

After a bit of advice. I'm fitting about 15 linings in my house. I've finished all the singles no problem.

I've got a double door lining to fit for an overall 1524 width door but what width would you set the lining at? I was thinking of taking the overall door width and add 1/4 inch. I'm going to buy a rebated door.

Thanks

Be careful that the overall door pair width is the rebated size.

Door rebate sets are 13mm as standard, so once rebated that reduces overall width by 13mm.

Dont forget to add on your door margin, probably 3mm each side. + 2mm or 3mm in ctr. Saves shooting in doors after.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back