interior textured paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a conservatory that was finished internally with a textured paint this was in when i moved in some 20 years ago. This started to come away from the house wall and i have now completely peeled this all off. it was painted onto bare plaster, So i know have a bare plastered wall and need some expert advice on how to re-texture this wall. somebody has advising using johnson jontex and given me a tub but i see this is an exterier finish and therefore mentions nothing about applying to bare interier walls, can this be used our would something else be better, and if this can be used a assume the plaster would be best sealed. your advise would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Well you can, yet I would never advise it, there are so called textured emulsions available yet again I would not recommend their use. It is however possible to obtain a textured finish using only an emulsion paint if you choose the correct roller sleeve, if you were to google these up you would see an array of these sleeves that will offer you a textured finish.

With regard to sealing the skim prior to application you should first apply a mist coat of thinned emulsion with matt being the better choice.

Sorry when I said google them up I meant textured roller sleeves.

Dec

Well it is possible to emulate the design and effect of natural suede, yet it will often be dependent on how any form of natural light strikes the surface. One of the most important factors involved here would be the use of random brushwork, and the gritty and often chalky effect is down to the nature of the system.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Yes we followed the instructions to the letter but I'm afraid we were very disappointed with the result. We could have just about lived with the visual aspect although it was a little too dark but the tactile feel of the paint was just all wrong especailly as we were trying to use it in the bedroom.

okay many thanks for the info.i plan to seal the plaster and then user a textured emulsion what would be the weapon of choice in roller sleeve? long haired to a honeycombed sponge thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back