Intermittent drip & pressure loss Worcester Bosch 28i Ju

If there is a constant or regular drip from the boiler, that will make the pressure go down eventually. Just be sure the pressure isn't going up to 3 bar while heating, as that would indicate a faulty / uncharged expansion vessel combined with a bad connection of the PRV to the PRV outlet pipe. It could even be a faulty dripping PRV, and the outled pipe not attached properly so it drips from the boiler instead of the outside pipe.

Whoever you employ to sort it out, tell them you know nothing about boilers, tell them you will pay them to fix the leak / drip / pressure loss and that's what you are paying them to do, whatever they have to do. That way, if they come, do stuff, charge you for fixing it and the fault persists, then they are obliged to return FOC and sort it out.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Axel,

It hasn't been getting up to 3 bar, most I've seen is 2 bar which it's at now with the heating on. I take your point about just letting them fix it without mentioning specifics and I have let them get on with doing what they feel will fix it.

Dan

and I have let them get on with doing what they feel will fix it.

Dan

Well,...best to keep some eye on what is being done or proposed and secretly apply your knowledge when you cross examine the engineer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back