intermittent HW on combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all new to this forum so be gentle

i have a 8 year old Saunier Duval SD 30e (i believe its a rebadged Gloworm) combi boiler. a few years back i used to have a similar problem. in the morning we used to get HW then just cold water

by the way CH works fine at all times.

Brit Gas arrgh eventually found the problem after 5 visits, i believe the changed the diaphram for HW.

a similar problem i have now is i dont get HW until i 'reset' by pressing the boiler lock out i first have to press to summer setting then the red light appears 'boiler lock out' once i reset this the HW works for a while, then have to repeat the process if we require HW.

i hope i make sense? :confused:

does this sound like the same issue? in the installing and servicing manual it says i would need to drain the boiler to change the diaphram,

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I thought that boiler had a turbine to create a demand for DHW.

Without seeing the boiler I would not guess at the problem.

Tony

Good ch but dhw problems are often caused by crap in the system, but as Tony said, there could be many other reasons.

just need to find someone who wont rip me off to flush out the system, wonder how much that would cost?

Sponsored Links
The first question to get an answer to is does it need power flushing.

Which reminds me I have got to do one for Sharon. Trouble is she is as tall as me with no shoes and has some 6" or thereabouts stilletto heels in her bedroom!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back