Internal Air Vents Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

First of all apologies if this is in the wrong category, wasn't sure where to post it.

I live in Scotland and stay in an ex council house which has air vents on internal walls - 2 in the upper hall and one in my front bedroom.

I'm Doing some redecorating and wondering whether I can do away with these - why do I have them in the first place? I don't recall seeing vents like this on any modern house.

The bedroom in question is quite cold and I'm wondering ( hoping ) that blocking this vent may sort the low temperature

Any advice appreciated.

cheers

Scott

Sponsored Links
These are actually very common, and go back to the days where there was either fireplaces in the bedrooms or other means of heating (those paraffin heaters spring to mind) and people weren't aware of the need for ventilation.
Most are blocked up now, but of course that doesn't mean that vents for the likes of back boilers etc can be closed!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back