internal door size help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i am planning on getting the 10 internal doors + door frames changed for new ones in my house.

the doors will be pine ones.

8 of the doors are around the 0.76m x 1.98m size so i think a standard 1981 x 762 door will be fine for these 8.

i have 2 oddball size doors though. one is 0.71m x 1.975m and the other is 0.755m x 1.975m. can a standard 1981 x 762 door be cut down to the 2 sizes here? i don't know how much you can cut off a door hence by reason for asking.

thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
i can confirm for you tomorrow for sure but at £23 each i think they may be the hollow ones

i rang the place and they said they were solid doors.

Sponsored Links
Ish said:
i have 2 oddball size doors though. one is 0.71m x 1.975m and the other is 0.755m x 1.975m. can a standard 1981 x 762 door be cut down to the 2 sizes here? i don't know how much you can cut off a door hence by reason for asking.
Sorry I forgot to ask you the width of the side jamb of the door,

If it's the standard size jamb which is normally 100mm wide then the worst total waste cut will be 50mm, so cut each side at 25mm leaving you with approxmately 75mm jamb for the door handle & make sure the door handle barrel is in line with the centre bar section to allow the internal barrel lock.

If those are the doors I'm thinking of then I advise door frames with loose stops rather than rebated. I've not seen a pine door at that price which isn't warped.

shaggy said:
If those are the doors I'm thinking of then I advise door frames with loose stops rather than rebated. I've not seen a pine door at that price which isn't warped.
I must admit it does sound a bit cheap.
Ish said:
i rang the place and they said they were solid doors.
Ish,
Just make sure this isn't a false information :!:

The pine doors in Wickes are solid and price is about £19. Most of the sheds sell them but they're all warped, some more than others and they are often shrink-wrapped so you can't inspect them properly. At least with the loose stops you can accommodate some of the error if it's not too bad.

thanks for the info.

i will go and have a proper look at the doors today myself!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back