Internal doors for a flat , do they have to be fire doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - I am trying to figure out whether the internal doors I intend to replace, need to be fire doors and if so 30 or 60 etc.

I found this site and chose the first document (Approved Document B (fire safety) volume 1: Dwellings, 2019 edition incorporating 2020 and 2022 amendments):

If I have read it correctly it doesn't mention (on page 21) that my first floor and top floor flat (finished floor is less than 4.5m above ground level) needs any. It mentions that all habitable rooms (ie not bathroom) and excluding kitchen should open directly to a hall leading to a final exit, which it does.

I'm a bit surprised and was really hoping someone with some experience of this might confirm or let me know what I should be doing.

I might still get some even if I don't need them but would prefer to know what I have to do so I can decide how much extra I will do....

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
How old is the property? Is it a conversion or a new build flat? If conversion when was it converted?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back