Internal doorsets, opinions please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone has ever used ready made up doorsets where the doors come pre-fitted in their linings? I'm thinking of installing these doorsets last - after plasterboard/skim has gone on. I've found two possibles:

Premdor SpeedSet Plus
Jen-Weld ReadyFit

Looks easy enough, though I may need to fit timber or MDF linings to the brickwork openings first, but if I read it correctly, I could plasterboard/skim up to the opening. The Premdor looks to have the advantage of adjustable lining width of +/- 10mm.

Is this a good idea? Appreciate any thoughts you may have.[/url]

Sponsored Links
I looked into this and even visited a few places that had them on show, I found they were generally either very cheap or very expensive, likewise with the build quality.

If you are after a very cheap doorset, I had seen them being sold for a little as £50. That includes the door lining, pre-finishe hung door, with hinges and doorlock all fitted already. It a mixture of MDF and HDF wood, with a laminated finish, all done somewhere offshore, all available for cash and carry.

On the expensive side (£££), I saw some designer doors in oak linings, which a joiner had fitted together, and a few weeks lead time!

Sponsored Links
not seen the ones over here but i did fit a couple of external door/frame combo's or whatever you wanna call them in the states a few years back and found it pretty easy considering they were the first id seen.

we seem to be more american than english these days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back