Internal French door and demi panel instalation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wonder if anyone can give me some advice.

I'm in the process of fitting some internal french doors with a demi panel at either end. These are pine doors/demi panels from wickes.

I started with an opening between sitting room and dining room where I am now creating the room divider.

There is a steel lintle fitted above the opening which I have boxed in while making a stud wall / door frame.

This makes the casing width 200mm, depth 20mm length around 1900mm, height around 2030mm approx.

I have a router and am intending on fitting the doors on 120mm width timber where I shall route out the top casing at the correct distance and screw together.

The bit I'm having trouble working out is how to secure the bottom of these uprights as I have demi panels either side.

My floor is concrete and is also unlevel by around 15mm from one side to the other. I was thinking of screwing shaped shims to the floor under the demi panels and then screwing the door casing to these.

Is it normal practise in this situation to screw the door frame to the demi panels? Or should the demi panels be left as a loose fit within the frame secured by beading? As I would then be concerned about the rigidity of the french doors.

Sorry I know you need pictures really but am unable to post any presently.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you could fit stainless steel dowels into concrete sub floor and drill out bottom of door to sit on the dowels but run straight edge string line between doors to make sure they are in line

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back