Internal Insulation of Sold Wall Cottage

bearing in mind the metal stud is situated behind the insulation in my previous post

OP asked about insulating *between* metal studs if you read his posts, which is also a gypframe system.

I was not responding to your post, which I am aware was an example of a support system behind insulation.

If you would like to revisit that thread you will note you have not responded to my last post.

Why waste my time?

Thread was full of people telling me I'm wrong, those same people clearly did not have a proper understanding of thermal and vapour dynamics and demonstrated that they did not click on my links.

Sorry if that is unfair to yourself, but I've generally given up trying to argue with people where it would take a page of text to explain why they are wrong.

Again a simple response as to why cold bridging is not a problem would be great.

Cold bridging is only a *problem* if it causes condensation, otherwise it is just an inneficiency or detail.

i.e. Timber studs are a cold bridge, but they are not a *problem* (unless you are tyring to get code level 5+ or passive house).

Cold bridging is just term to describe a less thermally efficient material in-between another, so fibre insulation between celotex would be a not very cold 'cold bridge'.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back