Internal moulded doors

adm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we are in the process of changing all our internal doors for the white moulded six panel type and have found them quite reasonably priced at Wicks etc but the problem we are having is finding one to fit our under the stairs cupboard which we need one of 72" x 24" but can not find any under 78" high, i think due to the composition of the panel type door 6" would be too much to take off the door height am i right ?? and if so does anyone know of anywhere else we might find one of the sizes required.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
unless you can ask at wickes to see if they could arrange for a door to be made to your requirements,then the only way this can be done is to when it is cut down to size,you reduce the top rail by 2 inches and the bottom rail by 4 inches,then from the waste cuts remove the timber bars and replce with maybe poly glue/gripfil and clamp together until dry.

i have had to do this on ocassions for customers.

the hollow panelled doors are not much good - they are thin and flimsy, feel insubstantial and do not block sound. Wickes also sell this style of door in a Fire door, it is more expensive but IMO a much better bet, very solid-feeling and substantial, blocks sound well. The Wickes doors are made by Premdoor.

Another advantage, since the fire door is pressed from solid chipboard and appears to be homogenous, is that I can see no reason why you shouldn't cut it about. It might no longer retain its fire certification, but it's not as if it has actual stiles and rails that it depends on for structural integrity.

BTW 6-panel doors are cheaper at Magnet Trade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back