Internal Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking to replace all the internal doors in the house we are about to move into.

I just want a simple 4 panel moulded door that will be painted white and have found them at Howdens Joinery

HERE

I have measured the doors at the house and they are no where near the standard sizes. Just wondered how much these doors can be planed down and if anyone has used these doors??? Are they any good or just really cheap and nesty???[/url]

Sponsored Links
have you touched one of those doors? they feel and sound like they are made of pressed hardboard, hollow, and have no weight to them.

you can get a moulded fire door (solid) in similar style for about £60, or a thin pine one.

Not overly worried about the weight etc, just the look really.

The doors currently in the house are extremely cheap stained and varnished ply doors with horrible Ironmongery, as we need to change all of them (11 in total) we want to get something that is cheap and look nice (as said not worried about the weight)

I think the doors from Howdens or their equivelant at Wickes Here will do the job but need to know how easy and how much can be planed of the top/bottom and sides???

Sponsored Links
Just found out from Wickes that the doors can be trimmed by 5mm all round.

Taking into account what I remember of the door sizes at the property (not moved in yet and only took quick measurements when I visited the other day) standard imperial 762 doors should be able to be trimmed down without a problem. BUT I think a couple are 766mm - can a lipping be added to make up the width???

try trade builders supply its online shop they deliver or go to jewson you can buy the fire door and shave off as much as you want i think their doors cost about 28 pounds. I purchased my doors from www.tradebuildersupplies.co.uk they are the paneled doors and they were reasonalby priced too and also do the metric sizes.

i also forgot to mention ive installed the paneled moulded doors throughout my house and they look really good once they are on but be carefull not to shave to much off as it can make the door weak (they should tell you how much you can shave off). I paid £24 from tradebuilderssupplies and I think that is the cheapest around as i tried everywhere else and they cost more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back