Internal Soil Pipe

That could be a BIG job and certainly not worth the hastle. Far easier pulling the front off the boxing and packing with glass wool.

I beg to differ, based on no knowledge of what the op has actually got ;) :LOL: :LOL: .

Still think that it's a better solution than having a box sticking out in the living room. Really do recommend getting someone round to have a look.

Sponsored Links
Most late 60's, 70's built houses had the soil pipes internal and possibly in cast.
To alter to outside would need the drain digging up and a new stack run up. All connections from WC basin bath and possibly sink, would need to be cored through and re routed to outside.
All internal stuff taken away. Probably wall plastered where pipe box was as you can bet it is bare brickwork inside it. Ceiling and floor patched. Bathroom probably need a bit refinishing as the wastes from the bath basin will be in pipe boxes too.
About 3 days work for a few trades which should, with materials be under £1500.

A bit extreme for a £10 bag of fibreglass :LOL:

I'm just trying to keep the economy flowing ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You gotta try to see the bigger picture :!:

I suppose we have to keep the work coming in these bad times but i'm afraid i suffer from a conscience :LOL: :cry: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks again guys, plenty of food for thought there.

Funds simply aren't there to consider moving it. :(

..... Probably wall plastered where pipe box was as you can bet it is bare brickwork inside it......
And a pound to a penny the plaster either side of the boxing is different depths, so you end up re-plastering the whole wall.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back