Internal soil stack leak..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a leak down the outside of my boxed in internal soil stack... Only happens when you flush the loo, not when you use the shower/sink, or when the boiler drain kicks in.

Builder who has just done my kitchen took the backing panel off the enclosed loo, and all toilet joints are solid and dry (I checked as well).

The loo discharges into.. Well, it's big, grey, right in the void between bathroom floor and kitchen ceiling.. So does the shower/sink/condensate tap. This is right into the corner, I can barely get my hand round the back of it... Like an enclosed hopper, if that makes sense? The very back felt a bit damp.. But I might have been imagining that.

The stack above is dry. The plasterboard of the kitchen roof below is dry, the loo joints are bone dry... It's just in the lower section in the kitchen that you can see water dripping, and only when the loo is flushed, below the level of whatever this hopper thing is, or at the bottom joint of it.

It's a plastic stack, the place was totally rebuilt 30 years ago after being gutted by fire.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Sponsored Links
Is it Flow Plast waste manifold (from Screwfix ) or similar = maybe cracked somewhere ?

That.. Might be it... Didn't get a good look.. Trying to lie on the floor with a braced up dislocated knee..

Confused as to why the shower/sink don't trigger the leak, but even the little flush on the loo does... Volume of water, maybe? In which case, hopefully it's nothing major.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back