Internal toilet overflow with float?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I think need to replace a toilet siphon unit, as you need to pump the handle to make it flush.

The old one has an internal overflow that is operated by a float (the float is attached to a blank over a hole in the siphon, which pops off if the water level gets too high). However, I can't seem to find one like it to replace.

Is this an old type or has it been superseded by a different kind? If so, will it be a straight exchange for a newer type?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hope this makes sense, float on the right is attached to the blank by a piece of wire. If the water level rises, the float pops up and the blank releases, opening a hole that is behind it.

Attachments

• IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 193
Disconnect the flush arm from the syphon then undo the White nut to the left of the Red syphon and it will pull out. You can either replace the plastic diaphragm on the bottom or replace the syphon.

Sponsored Links
Super, thanks for that! Can I do that in situ or do I need to empty the cistern and remove it from the wall/pan?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back