Internal wall crack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, so been working on stripping god awful woodchip wallpaper (3 layers in some places!!) and sorting out blown plaster in our rear bedroom, late victorian house, and came across quite a crack on the internal wall, not sure if it's something I should be concerned about and what I should look at doing for repair for it... There's no matching crack on the external wall, there's also a loose brick which looks like someone's taken out at some point and put back in rather lazily not sure if that's the source of the crack or what, crack seems to stop about half way up the wall and it mostly follows the mortar except 2 places where the crack goes through the middle of the brick.

I've attached some pics, the few tradies I've asked so far about it have just said "get a structural engineer" and don't want to have anything to do with it and I'd rather not go that route if I don't have to, I doubt they come cheap.

Any advice appreciated as always, cheers!

Attachments

• photo_2023-10-25_04-44-35.jpg
    photo_2023-10-25_04-44-35.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 37
  • photo_2023-10-25_09-42-27.jpg
    photo_2023-10-25_09-42-27.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back