Internet Explorer Keeps "Freezing"

You can remove IE in the Control Panel>Add Remove Programmes and it won't show up on your desktop but I think it's still there. This is how I removed IE, but I can still access it via MSN Messenger (though not in the brand new updated version) and I still get all my updates, etc. You just gotta watch that it's not wanting to update IE!!!

oh believe me it's still there, I spent about 6 months of my life, working out how to uninstall IE, shudder. A task which,quite rightly so, would be beyond anyones expectations of the usual IT user.

Sponsored Links
Did you actually manage to get rid of it eventually then? I didn't look into taking it off completely because there are still the odd sites that don't show up properly with FF.

Sponsored Links
Found this elsewhere.
...IE locking up is usually due to a bad plugin. Click start and type "internet
explorer", select the entry in the menu that launches it with no addons. If
this mode runs ok, then it confirms that a plugin is the issue. You will
need to disable those that launch with IE under tools/internet
options/programs tab/manage addons...

My XP pro offers IE8 with no 'add ons' via...
'Right mouse click' IE8 desktop icon.

Also offered via :-
<Accessories> <System Tools> <Internet Explorer (no add ons)>

Another to watch for...
In the event of M$ pop up 'Iexplorer application error the instruction at blah blah memory could not be read' (could be reported as 'written' not 'read')
One situation and the answer...
<Internet Options> <Advanced> Untick Enable memory Protection to mitigate on line attacks If of course the action being prevented is actually something you wish to instigate... CA on line virus etc check, only allowed use of IE - failed to load required cab file - error as above - solution as given.

-p-

Back