Apollo Satellite DVR Web viewer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Apollo 365 DVR which I am trying to set up for remote web viewing and am having a problem that I hope you can help with.

I have configured all the network settings correctly (detailed below) and when I connect to the DVR in internet explorer whilst connected to the same network via its internal IP address the web client (active x control) works fine (can login and all functionality works). I have set up port forwarding on my router (actually have tried this on 2 different brands of router) and when trying to connect to the DVR via the external (static) IP the web client load but when you enter valid credentials and click login the following message appear after a second or two:

"Fail to connect the device in subconnection!"

I have tried this on XP/Vista/7 (with UAC off) with IE security settings (also with IE 6/7/8) configured to allow all active controls and firewalls turned off etc.
I have tried changing the HTTP port to various values (80/8080/random) and forwarding these (and appending the port to the url in IE) and the problem persists.

I have tried connecting to another Apollo machine which is on the web (not one of mines but a demo machine) and it works fine (can login as user and view cams....) with firewall on and no config changes to machines

Have you come across this problem before and can you please offer any advice??

Network settings:
DVR IP (reserved in router): 192.168.1.64
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.254 (routers ip)
HTTP Port: 80 (but have tried others – see above)
TCP Port: 37777
UDP Port: 37778

ISP: Tiscali (business account with static IP)

Type of router tried (same results):
Thompson
Old Belkin router

The firmware version of the device is:
System: 2.605.00.0
Web: 2.1.5.5

I am an IT engineer and can only assume that there is either a fault with the device or with the ISP (although have been trying this out for a couple of months).
Would updating the firmware on the device help with this?
How can I check the current firmware version and back it up?
What is the latest firmware version and where can I download it from?

Thanks,
Peter

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back