Intresting Ravenheat combi hot water problem

Hi can you please also send me a copy of the Ravenheat RSF 820/20 manual, just recently moved in and no manual. Particularly interested in boiler pressure, changed one of the radiators to a double in one of the rooms and now the boiler pressure :cry: is below 1? Can anyone help

Sponsored Links
was in buying a vitodens 100 (iknow) and the ravenheat rep was trying to get me to swap for some ravenheat or other (kinda like the daz doorstep challenge) when i pointed out the were designed by goblins with eyes on the end of their fingers he said it was a plumber that designed/owned the company and how loaded he was.Apparently they "pick" the best parts from other brands and use them.when i pointed out howcome they only really sell in diy merchants to people of a certain ethnic background he pointed out "yeah were working on that"

Sponsored Links
They are working on that. Plumbase are now selling to them and frequently have an offer on.
I was recently looking for a LPG combi alternative to a gledhill thermal store and primary boiler. The CSI 150NT was the only one I could find in a hurry to replace it that would give a decent flowrate. At over 40KW the only competition baxi could offer was a 28kw duotec. Apparently they havent figured out how to make an LPG premix boiler with such a high output yet! Ok there were a couple of teething problems with this one, both due to it being an LPG model but on both occasions I was lucky enough to have their guy on the job within a couple of hours.
To date I have been on their FREE training course 3 times and can recommend it over all other courses I have been on.
You are right in a way. The reason they have a bad name is that they are bought and fitted by B&Q Bodgers and cowboys because they are lower priced and sold in diy sheds. Powerflush the system, follow the instructions, do a proper job of it and they are just as good as any boilers on the market if not better.
Yesterday I was looking at one that I thought had a DV problem but it turned out the tenant had turned off ALL the rads AND the B&Q bodger landlord had not fitted a bypass. With nowhere to go the water boiler up and blew the AAV away
Recently I was looking at a CSI 85BT which had a sticker on the front. There was no need to read the writing, just look at the pictures which implied that if the flue was vertical then you would need a vertical flue adapter instead of the bent one that was supplied. The cowboy took no notice of this and made his own vertical flue adapter out of 2 tubes of bath sealant and then cut the vertical flue to suit when it says SPECIFICALLY in the instructions that the vertical flue must not be cut

The thorn in Ravenheats side is the LS series. In a pre-condensing competitve market they had to come up with a compact boiler at a time when government directives on boiler design were getting stricter. Also at this time many manufacturers like honeywell were switching their parts production to China were the quality control was poor.The change in the casing type was the biggest cause of their problems. Foam seals on earlier models were and still are a nightmare to work with along with the difficult to refit whistling casing cover and the common CH thermistor fault.
Even though the LS series are their worst boiler Id sooner have one than an Ideal Isar but then again who wouldn't?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back