Intruder alarm

D

delden

Hi I am installing a alarm (CEF Challenger Panel) with PIR's.
Q.1/ I have been told that a resistance must be fitted across the NC contacts on the PIR but I can not see any reference to this in the instructions either for the control panel or PIR.
Q. 2/I intend to fit automatic garage door opener and I wish to include this door on the alarmed system what is the best sensor to use

Sponsored Links
Told by who? Follow the instructions.

Roller shutter contacts.

You need to fit EOL resistors accross the NC terminals on some commercial systems, but the challenger will not have this facility.

Just wire it as per the instruction booklet.

TS013.JPG

exhibit "A" m'lord

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your replies. Needless to say I missed a part of the question out, if the main keypad is in the house (hall) would it be best to have another keypad in the garage, (considering how long it takes for the door to fully open for access) or would a means of switching the alarm off before opening the door be possible ?.

you probably can have 2 keypads.

You can gae a switch to go outside to isolate the garge door only, but its a waste of time, because when its raining you have to stop the car, get out, get wet, isolate garge door, get back in car, turn garage back on (get wet and go in through front door.

you wont do that for long.

You can make the garage door so that it starts the entry timer, but that means you:

stop the car, get out (get wet) open the garage door, (entry timer starts) park car go in turn alarm off

I suggest:

1) Dont put garage door on alarm

2) Put car in garage later and go in through front door.

You should have the entry timer as short as reasonable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back