Ipod/aux connection retro fit

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was thinking of retro fitting a jack connection in a ford fiesta (2005). The car has the factory fitted head unit with cd player but doesn't have any Aux button.

Does this mean that it would be impossible to fit the aux jack, in terms of being able to select it over the radio or cd?

cheers

Sponsored Links
im sure ive read somewhere before that a lot of manufactures may have put an aux in the glove box,have a look.

are you using it for an ipod or do you just need aux input? also is your radio the 3 tier one/ looks like its 3 seperate parts?

The radio/CD is the original ford unit, as you say, fitted in 3 parts.

The aux jack would really just be to connect an ipod to.

There is a blank in the glove box, could be for a power outlet but I would prefer it, if I can, to have a jack fitted into the dash

Sponsored Links
these 3 tier radios dont have the facility to accept a seperate aux input or cd autochanger, when i fit ipod adaptors to these i use a company called connects 2 and i use a hard wired fm adaptor called ifmconnect it doesnt have a 3.5m jack it has the lead that plugs into the bottom of the ipod, it charges the ipod and works better than the cheaper ones tht you plug into the cig lighter.

Back