Iron Sulphate as Moss Killer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a question about 10 years ago and unfortunately did not get any meaningful replies, so I will try a new posting and hope someone can advise me.
I have had some success with Moss killing with Iron Sulphate granules but that was really guess work with respect to concentration and application.

My question is, what concentration of 20% Iron Sulphate in grams/Sq Metre should be applied and is applying with a drop spreader acceptable. I understand that it is advisable to treat the whole lawn with Iron Sulphate and not just where the Moss appears to be.

Sponsored Links
This is worth the money,

ICL Sportsmaster Renovator Pro 14-0-5 +6%Fe +MCPA +Mecoprop-P - Fertiliser & Weedkiller

Active Ingredients: 16.300 % w/w iron sulphate, 0.490 % w/w MCPA and 0.290 % w/w mecoprop-P

Mapp No. 16803

Renovator Pro is our best selling 'all in one' granular weed, feed and moss control product.

With a mini-granular formulation, Sportsmaster Renovator Pro enables even spreading and a rapid breakdown for an immediate and consistent response. Renovator Pro contains iron for moss control and 2 selective weedkillers, MCPA and mecoprop-P.

Thanks for the advice pidgeon1, but it not what I asked, I have enough feed for 3,400 sq. Met and a 25 kg Bag of Iron Sulphate. I dont need any more fertiliser, I need a spread rate for the Iron Sulphate. Thanks anyway

Sponsored Links
I'm no gardener, but - What do the ICL instruction say for there product with regards to coverage? Their active ingredient makes up 16%, so the remaining 84% is just a 'filler' for more even spreading. Could you add your 25Kg (16%) to 86% of dry sand as the filler component?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back